30.9.09

Gearing strategy.

I was going to write something here about gearing strategy for (Paladin) Tanks. Looking back at the rough outline I had written makes me glad I never posted it.

Over the past 6 months I became a tank, gathered gear, stumbled through and learned a thing or two. One of the things that was eluding me was a total overview of gearing strategy. In effect all this time I had one set of gear which served me for all purposes. Then, today, I read this guide on Maintankadin and learned so much. A lot of things are a lot clearer now and I know I’ll be carrying a lot more gear around in the future.

Any tank, of any level of gear or skill, should read this. Many thanks to Wrathy for this excellent piece of writing. Here’s the guide!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for pointing me to this article. I do not check EJ or Maintankadin nearly as much as I should, but this article has answered a lot of questions about gearing my pally tank and actually confirmed some assumptions I had made. While I don't think I'll need a whole set of separate gear for different encounters, I will now carry a few different trinkets, shields etc. in my inventory to swap depending on the encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the shout out, so to speak.

    Also to Chillen, I have less than 15 open bag slots, as it is all filled up with different sets of gear, however, most of the sets still rest on the core of my tanking gear. Trinkets, rings, cloaks, necks and librams are all you really need to start customizing sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guide was very informative and a great read! Thanks for the link. For years now, Maintankadin has been an incredible resource for not only Paladin tanks, but for all Paladins interested in know more about all aspects of their class. I have learned a lot from them myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!